Experienced producer, international educator and expert of documentary film, based in Warsaw, Poland.
Head of ADA Academy of Documentary Arts organizing international trainings and pitchings (a.o. Dragon Forum at the Krakow Film Festival). Member of EFA European Film Academy, board member of the Association of Polish Filmmakers.
Producer of films a.o. “The Mill and the Cross” by Lech Majewski after Pieter Bruegel painting, internationally acclaimed, and “Poste Restante” by Marcel Łoziński, European Film Award 2009.
Born in Warsaw on February 10th, 1960. Education:
- State Lyceum of Fine Arts, Warsaw, 1979
- o Polish Philology Dept. at the Warsaw University, 1986
- o Media Academy in Hilversum, TV production, 1992;
- o Interdisciplinary Humanistic PhD Studies at the Warsaw University, 2010 – 2011.
She lived in Holland for many years where she worked in the audiovisual industry and marketing.
In the years 1997-2002 she worked as the Commissioning Editor in the cultural department of TVP 2 Telewizja Polska where she dealt with co-productions for the European Cultural Channel ARTE. Under her editorship many documentary films, international debate panels and TV broadcasts were made.
Actually she is a member of:
- European Film Academy,
- Association of Polish Filmmakers, secretary of the Board of Documentary Section
- National Chamber of Audiovisual Producers
- o International Association Future of Media, president
- New Horizons Association, founder-member
She works as the film expert for a.o. the European Commission and as the international tutor.
Since 2003 she runs independent company Arkana Studio www.arkanastudio.pl
She is the producer of a.o. the following films:
- “Stream of love”, 72’, by Ágnes Sós, produced by HBO, associate producer.
Competition IDFA 2013.
- “Invisible Strings –Talented Pusker Sisters”, 72’, by Ágnes Sós, produced by HBO,
associate producer; the best documentary in Hungary in 2010
- “The Mill and the Cross”, 80’ by Lech Majewski after the Pieter Bruegel’s painting
“Way to Calvary”; 2010, co-producer; awarded around the world
- “Poste Restante”, 14’, by Marcel Łoziński, 2008, producer; awarded with the
European Film Award 2009 for short film.
She heads the Academy of Documentary Arts www.academyofdoc.eu – organizer of international film education and promotion including the Dragon Forum pitching www.dragonforum.pl at the Krakow Film Festival and trainings in a.o. Kyiv, Moscow, Perm, and cinema screenings in Warsaw “Art of Documentary” www.sztukadokumentu.pl
She speaks Polish, English, Russian, Dutch and French languages.